1999-11-03|HyperInfo Canada Inc. Shuts Down Website
For Immediate Release
- HyperInfo Canada Inc. today announced that the company is permanently shutting down its World-Wide Web site HyperInfo Knowledge Power Centre <http://WWW.HyperInfo.CA/> by order of la Commission de protection de la langue française of the Government of Québec.
- Previously, the company made its home page completely bilingual (English, Français) back in 1999-09 when the first notice of violation from la Commission de protection de la langue française was received. However, the federally-incorporated company does not have the resources to translate the catalogues of more than a thousand pay-per-read offerings, as ordered by la Commission de protection de la langue française. Most of the on-line publications for sale at the HyperInfo Knowledge Power Centre website, which has received a number of Internet awards and nominations, are in English because the original source for an American audience had been purchased from the U.S.A. In fact, there have been very few, if any, customers from Québec, but the revenue has been coming from the customers world-wide to the Province of Québec, contributing to the Economy of Québec.
- Go Simon Sunatori, P.Eng., M. Eng., President and Chief Executive Officer of HyperInfo Canada Inc., said that it is sad that the Government of Québec does not understand the concept of "Knowledge Export on the Internet", which is aimed at a global audience. The mentality of the Government of Québec is that any website operated in the Province of Québec must be targeted at the Residents of Québec, which misses the whole point of globalisation and electronic commerce for the sake of prosperity of the Economy of Québec. La Commission de protection de la langue française makes little distinction between store signs which are fundamentally local and websites which are inherently global. However, it is the law of the Province of Québec, which the company has decided to respect by shutting down the website.
- HyperInfo Canada Inc., headquartered in Gatineau, QC, Canada, specialises in Research and Development on the Information Superhighway and Cyberspace applications. Its Pay-For-Value HyperInfo Knowledge Power Centre on the Internet World-Wide Web is at the following URL.
- Please direct comments to the following E-mail address.
Or buy a "MagneScribe™: Absolutely Amazing 3-in-1 Auto-Retractable Pen", please!
[Go to/Aller à]
[Mail any comments or suggestions to/Faire parvenir tout commentaire ou suggestion à]
- Copyright © 1995-Present/Présent by/par HyperInfo Canada Inc.
- All rights reserved./Tous droits réservés.
- Produced in Canada./Produit au Canada.
- ISBN 978-0-929105-02-4